It’s 6:41 am and I’m working on this morning’s MNINB Platform Challenge, courtesy Robert Lee Brewer.
Today’s challenge was about setting goals, short-term and long-term, for writing and for life. If you’re new to my blog here, welcome!! If you’re new to the challenge, be sure to check out the link above to Robert’s website. It’s still plenty early in the game to join the fun. The camaraderie alone is worth the adventure.
Day 2 Task: Setting Goals*
- Plant the irises and daffodils I got yesterday — somewhere — in my garden.
- Pull together a short story for Wednesday night’s (monthly) Writers’ Critique Group.
- Complete reading and reviewing at least 4 books this month for my “Friday Reads” column.
- Receive, read, and review all ARC’s that arrive this month.
- Research short story submission guidelines for “How Coarse the Gold”, my new science-fiction piece.
- Attend Christina Katz’s class this month at the 2012 Missouri Writers’ Guild Conference.
- Try to read the Bible once a day, even if it’s only 5 minutes at a time.
- Complete the April Platform Challenge (on-going) at My Name is Not Bob (MNINB).
- Build my social media presence.
- Get 1 short story published in either a) Analog, b) Asimov’s, or c) The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.
- Raise blog readership to at least 100 (believe me, this is a big goal).
- Continue to grow my platform-building for my website.
- Work on completing a 1st draft for my WIP, Borderland (working draft title).
- Try not to kill the new plants I got this weekend.
- Convince my husband that chickens and a goat are a good economical alternative to Dierbergs/Krogers/etc. and worth the smell.
- Toughen up by reading the Word of God so I can handle the persecution that comes my way (Ephesians 6:10-18).
- Grow in my faith and learn to be a better spouse.
- Pay off house in 15-20 years instead of 30.
- Find a good agent.
- Continue to develop my platform and my writing abilities.
- Earn enough income from my writing to be able to move to part-time work.
- Have a book contract by 2013.
- Seek out volunteer opportunities to help fight against human trafficking and combat global poverty.
- Find a way to support people in the pursuit of their dreams.
- Travel to Europe, Australia/NZ, and the Mideast.
- Buy some land in the country to build create my version of Walden Pond.
* Edited to add additional content, update as needed.