For those of you who are new to following me on my blog here, welcome!! Let me take a moment to briefly describe what Aurorae Rising is about and then I’ll jump into my actual progress so far.
Aurorae Rising is an adventure novel about an errand boy who is charged with the strangest delivery of his life – escorting a sealed document on a cross-country dirigible race to a neighboring land.”
NaNoWriMo suggests a daily average of 1,667 words towards the ultimate goal of 50,000 words during the month of November. I’ve got my own goals this year so keep reading to receive an update on how my work-in-progress this year is going!
My Target Project Goal: 6,668/ 50,000
Actual Word Count: 10,078 / 50,000
Words Written Today: 3,062
Hours Today: 3
For those that are interested in stats, I’m using Svenia Liv’s lovely Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the numbers.
This comes out to 6.1% of the novel written today. In terms of page numbers, rounding at about 250 words to a double-spaced page, this is roughly 12 pages of new material.
How I Felt Today:
Sunday my target was to hit the big 10k. I met my goal around 4 in the afternoon but I’ve discovered that I don’t enjoy writing this much content in a single day. I get bored. The first 1,500 words was really productive by using the Write or Die software over a period of 50 minutes. The latter half dragged on for hours…
I’ve gotten to the point in the story where I’m trying to skip ahead several chapters and write a later scene (a fight scene) and my heart wasn’t in it today. I ended up writing pieces of different scenes instead throughout the novel. While Scrivener is great at allowing me to do this by organizing snippets by folders, I feel unfocused.
I’m taking a much-needed break and on Monday, back to work.
Updates again tomorrow!